The US is looting Syrian oil fields to fund mercenaries, aerial photos show

On October 26, the Russian Defense Ministry published satellite intelligence images showing a large scale illegal oil trade and smuggling going on in North-Eastern Syria under the direct protection of US forces.

These satellite images prove that oil was being smuggled out of  Syriaunder the guard of US servicemen before and after the defeat of the Daesh terrorists, Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov has said.

This is the real reason why Washington wants to keep troops inside Syria. They are reaping a lot of profits thereof, but this is illegal and immoral.

The black and white images  show scores of tanker trucks, supposedly loaded with crude oil, scattered in the oil-rich northeastern province of Deirez-Zor.

Dozens of trucks were spotted near the Daman oil-gathering facility, 42km east of the city of Deirez-Zor, as well as near Mayadeen.

The trucks taking part in the smuggling operations are being protected by “US troops and the personnel of the US private military companies,” Defense Ministry spokesperson Major General Igor Konashenkov said.

Whenever a convoy gets attacked, the US special forces and military jets are being called in to defend it.

US President Donald Trump declared that US troops would be pulling out of Syria earlier this month, but Pentagon Chief Mark Esper later clarified that some soldiers would be deployed to Deirez-Zor to secure the oil fields from Daesh (the so-called Islamic State or ISIS) militants.

Konashenkov accused the US of trying to keep its foothold in the region to  continue exploiting Syrian resources.

What Washington is doing right now is seizing and holding the oilfields in eastern Syria under its armed control, which is tantamount to international state-sponsored banditry.

The revenues from this illegal oil trade goes through the brokerage companies and ultimately lands in the hands of the “American private military contractors and the US security agencies,” he added.

This is the real reason the Pentagon wants to “protect the oilfields in Syria from the mythical ‘ISIS secret cells’ forever,”Konashenkov said. The ministry spokesman said that “the space intelligence images showed that oil was actively extracted and massively exported for processing outside Syria, under the reliable protection of US troops, before and after the defeat of the Daesh* terrorists.”

Commenting on the satellite intelligence, Maj. Gen. Konashenkov said US operations in eastern Syria and its actions regarding Syrian oil could only be described as “international statebanditry”.

Syria’s oil belongs to the Syrian Arab Republic, and not to Daeshnor to “American protectors from Daesh,”he added.

According to Russian intelligence, the illegal US-supervised extraction of Syrian oil was being carried out by “leading American corporations” and private military contractors, with US special forces and air power used for protection.

Konashenkov said the estimated monthly revenue of this ‘private enterprise’ was over $30 million, and that for that kind of money, the Pentagon and the CIA would be “ready to ‘guard’ Syrian oil wells from ‘hidden Daesh cells’ indefinitely.”

The Defense Ministry spokesman pointed to several concrete examples of the scope of US-led operations. On August 23, satellites picked up images of a cluster of about 90 vehicles, including 23 tanker trucks at the Daman collection point, about 42 km east ofDeirez-Zor province.

Then, on September 5, twenty five vehicles, 22 of them fuel trucks, were spotted in Hasakah province.

On September 8, thirty six more vehicles, 32 of them tankers, were spotted in the vicinity of Deirez-Zor, with 41 more vehicles, 34 of them fuel trucks, spotted in the Mayadeen area in Deirez-Zor.

Konashenkov cited a US-controlled company called ‘Sadcab’ or ‘Sedcab’, created under the auspices of the local Kurdish autonomy, as exporting the oil, with the proceeds going to numbered accounts of US military contractors and intelligence services.

Tension in northern Syrian escalated earlier this month after Turkey launched an offensive alleging that it wants fight separatist Kurdish factions it labels as terrorists.

Ankara’s pronounced intention to create a so-called “safe zone”inside the Syrian territories is more than suspicious.

Such a move is considered by Damascus as an invasion, because it breaches Syria’s sovereignty and goes in direct contravention with international law.

Anyway, Ankara has recently claimed that it was halting its campaign temporarily to allow US forces withdraw and arrange for a parallel withdrawal of some Kurdish fighters.

But these claims proved to be false.

Reports from activists on the ground say that Turkish-backed  militants are still shelling civilians towns and villages.

Direct clashes between units of the Syrian Arab Army and invading Turkish forces have also been reported on October 30, 2019.

اترك تعليق

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz